Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a process that requires users to provide two or more forms of verification to gain access to an application or a digital resource.
If your superuser has activated MFA, you will be redirected to the Configure MFA page to set up your login process.
What to do on the Configure MFA page?
- You will need to have a Time-Based, One-Time Password (TOTP) application, such as Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator, on your phone or your browser. If you don't already have one, you may refer to your organization to take the most appropriate TOTP application.
- When you try to log into Borealis for the first time, you will be redirected to the Configure MFA page which displays a QR code as seen below. You should use the TOTP application and scan the QR code displayed.
- The TOTP application will generate a one-time, 6-digit password for you, automatically renewed every 30 seconds. This one-time password will be used for the second level authentication.
- To complete the enrollment, you need to enter the one-time password displayed on your phone on the Configure MFA page then click on Submit code.
Log in to Borealis on a daily basis
Once you have been registered for MFA, here are the steps to login to Borealis
- Eter your login and password and click the Login button.
- You will then be asked to enter yout MFA token. Open your TOTP application, find the 6-digit passcode and enter it.
- Click Submit.
- If the 6-digit passcode was the right one, you will be logged in to Borealis.