This feature synchronizes data with the Individuals and Organisations registers in the Stakeholder Engagement module to provide access to an up-to-date database of US elected officials at both Federal and/or State levels, excluding Congress committees and Department officials.
It is updated monthly with certified elected officials data to ease the strain of data keeping processes by reducing the need to manually add stakeholders or the need to manually update stakeholder status following elections and other events.
Additionally, this is integrated directly in the Land management module to display at-a-glance information for quick geographical positioning and be able to quickly identify the legislative districts and elected officials that may be of interest based on asset location.
What does this data cover?
The stakeholder data covered in this feature is exclusive to the US and covers the following:
|436 US Federal electoral districts||436 Representatives||1 representative per district||432 Chief of staff|
|50 US Federal senate seats*||100 Senators||2 federal senators per state||102 Chief of staff|
* There are 100 US federal senate seats but we created 50 organizations of 2 seats each. Our data represents the organisations to simplify data keeping.
|4873 US State electoral districts||+/- 5392 State representatives
Possible to have more than 1 representative per district
No state electoral districts for Nebraska
507 Chief of staff
|1942 US State senate districts||+/- 1967 state senators
||Possible to have more than 1 senator per seat||374 Chief of staff|
|3129 US Counties||+/- 4737 sheriffs, mayors, clerks, and county executives||
Some counties may have more than one elected official
No counties for Connecticut and Rhode Island (no government structure associated to)
|6992 US Municipalities||+/- 6896 sheriffs, mayors and clerks||
Only the municipalities with a population of over 5000 are covered.
Some municipalities may have more than one elected official
- Provides a continuously updated information on US elected officials without the need to update them all manually following an election.
- Land management integration provides the ability to quickly identify the legislative districts and elected officials that may have an interest based on your asset locations.
Several changes to Individuals and Organisations pages have been made to enable the use of this feature:
- A new Staffer section has been added to pages for Certified organizations and Elected officials.
- Staffers can be converted into Certified Stakeholders through a button located in the new section.
- Clicking the button will automatically fill several fields.
Following the creation process, new positions and contact information can be added.
Note that there is no history associated with the staffer sections and as soon as a staff member is not in office, they are removed from the section.
Examples of Use cases
- A new project planned over the course of several years is about to kick off in a specific geographical location in the US and several stakeholders are elected officials, as their electoral district covers the geographical location targeted for the project. This feature populates and keeps the list of elected officials up to date to provide reliable stakeholder information throughout the project.
- Several stakeholders related to a project are elected officials and need to be contacted for information and permits. This database provides visibility on who to contact and streamlines the communication process.
- A project has been running for a few years and an election has just taken place. Following the election, several elected officials need to be contacted to create new relationships. This database being kept up to date allows users to quickly find the correct people to contact.