Required profiles: Analytics user or superuser
The Access status of reports determines who can access your reports in Borealis and view the information presented in them. Report access works with widget access to control who can view the data of a report. If you want to share a report with your colleagues, either share them through email or make sure the widgets and reports access are set to Public.
Reports can have 3 possible Access status but you can only change them to either Private or Public:
- Private: Reports are for your own use; other users do not see them.
- Public: Reports are available to other users (based to their access permissions); they can see them but are not allowed to modify them.
- System: Reports are built in the system and maintained by Borealis. They are a starting point to create your own reports but they cannot be directly deleted or modified; they must be duplicated before they can be edited.
Change the Access Status of a Report
- Navigate to the Reports section of Analytics.
- Select and open the report for which you want to change Access.
- Click on the Actions (burger) menu.
- Select either the Private or Public option under Access.
- A confirmation message will be displayed at the bottom of your screen.