A capacity-building event is defined as learning and development activities aimed at improving the knowledge, skills or behaviors of businesses within a community, with the intention to effect sustainable change for those businesses and for their community.
This register allows you to manage the details of each capacity-building event in the local business development program, and additionally:
- Define each objective of the capacity-building event
- Define each competency targeted by the capacity-building event
- Assign each responsible trainer
- Add and manage the results of each participant
- Record received feedback about the capacity-building event
- Record each benefit observed in the local community, which is attributable to the outcomes of the capacity-building event
A capacity-building event uses records from the competency register. There must be at least one active record setup in the competency register before you can create a capacity-building event.
A capacity-building event also uses records from the organizations and individuals registers in the Boréalis Stakeholder Engagement Module. There must be at least one active record setup in the organizations register before you can create a capacity-building event.
Working with this register
To work with this register, from the application menu, navigate to Modules > Local Business Development > Capacity Management > Capacity Building.