Filters refine the report’s dataset according to specific criteria. To add a filter, first select whether the value you want to filter will be included or excluded. Then, select the value to include or exclude. The last drop-down menu contains several contextual operations based on the field type chosen. Here are the different field types with their corresponding operations:
(1) Date field: Field that can only be a date format
- After: After a specific date.
- Before: Before a specific date.
- For the last: For the previous day/week/month/year, starting from today
- For the next: For the next day/week/month/year, starting from today
- Next period: For the upcoming day/week/month/year
- Previous period: From the previous day/week/month/year
- Since: Since a specific date.
- Until: Until a specific date.
(2) Numeric field: Field that can only be filled with numbers (e.g. an amount, a quantity)
- Greater than: Value is greater than a specific number.
- Lower than: Value is lower than a specific number.
(3) Selection list: Field that contains a defined list of items that is usually managed in the catalog tables
- Contains: Including an item with a specific string of characters.
- Ends with: Including an item that ends with a specific string of characters.
- Starts with: Including an item that begins with a specific string of characters.
(4) All fields:
- Between: Only for date and numeric fields. Value is greater than a specific number but lower than another one.
- Equals: Value represents a specific number, date or string of characters.
- Is empty: No value has been recorded