We recommend that you always define the results you are expecting and express what you are looking for in a concise, explicit question before working in Analytics. Having a clear idea of what you are looking for in terms of information helps in defining how to translate it into the configuration and design of your report.
Note that Analytics reports are composed of widgets. Click here for more details on widgets. Reports can later be used as dashboards on your homepage. Click here for more info on how to setup your homepage dashboard.
Create a report
- Access Boréalis Analytics from the application menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click on the Add button in the Reports tab. The following form will pop up:
- Title: Enter the title of your choice. It should represent the information displayed in the report.
- Privacy: There are 3 levels of privacy:
- Private: Reports are only for your own use; other users don't see them.
- Public: Reports are available to other users (according to their access level); other users can see them but are not allowed to modify them.
- System: Reports are built into the system and maintained by Borealis. They cannot be deleted (only duplicated).
Edit a report
- If not already in a report, access Boréalis Analytics from the application menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click on the desired report.
- Add widgets: Use the button to start including relevant widgets in your report. The following form will appear where you will be able to select existing widgets.
- Adjust the length and height of your widgets: Use this icon to adjust the length and height of your widgets. It will appear in the bottom right corner of a widget when hovering it.
- Move widgets: To move the widgets in your report, click on the widget and drag your mouse over to the area you want to move it to.
- Remove a widget: Use this icon to remove a widget from your report. It will appear in the top right corner of a widget when hovering it.
- Add labels: right-click on your report and select the Add label option in the drop-down menu. A text widget will appear, which you can modify, resize and move anywhere in your report. Add as many labels as you would like to customize your report: create sections for grievances, communications, hot topics, or any other metrics you want to keep an eye on.
- Delete the report: To delete the report entirely, click on the menu in the top right corner of the report and choose Delete.
- Export report in PDF: click on the menu in the top right corner of the report and choose Export as PDF.