Environmental monitoring establishes a credible baseline for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), which allows for the objective comparison of actual and expected project impacts.
Monitoring fosters rapid intervention to prevent penalties related to regulatory non-compliance,
identifying areas for continuous improvement, and analysis of overall environmental changes that occur through a project life cycle.
The Environmental Monitoring module of the Borealis suite helps companies manage their environmental impacts. More explicitly, it allows to:
- Compile and manage the vast amount of data collected through environmental monitoring
- Maintain a register of sampling stations, measured parameters and standards to be met
- Rapidly visualize, understand and manage environmental sampling results
- Generate alerts when standards are not respected
- Keep track of community consultations and the overall performance of environmental
The benefits generally associated with the good use of the module include:
- Reducing the risk of not respecting environmental conditions or commitments
- Reporting to responsible authorities for impacts caused by planned or unplanned incidents
- Visualizing, understanding and managing the sampling results quickly
- Defining management programs and link them to environmental standards for non-conformity management
- Following-up on community consultations about alerts and the overall performance of environmental management plans