If you are preparing to import data using an Excel spreadsheet and you have documents to upload at the same time, it is definitely possible to do it all at once.
- Prepare your Excel template as described in the link above.
- In the Documents column, enter the name of the document to link. For example Magog Town Hall Meeting notes.docx.
- Select your documents and archive them all in a single .zip file.
- On the Import page, check and upload the .zip file.
- Click Confirm to start the import. You will receive import errors if the document name cannot be found in the zip file.
- If needed, you can enter more than one document per record by indicating multiple document names, each on a new line inside the same cell.
- You can use the same column to enter links to a Document Management system. Proper URL is required.
- If the ZIP archive contains directories, you need to enter the full relative path of the documents; e.g., Meeting notes September/Magog Town Hall Meeting notes.docx.