Creating relationships between organisations generates and centralizes insights about each other that are quite useful when it comes to understand your business.
To create a new direct relationship, please follow the next steps:
1. Select an Organisation and choose Related organisations
2. Click on the green (+) sign
3. Select the organisation you wish to be associated with :
4. Select the type of relationship you wish to identify for the selected organisation;
5. Enter the specific role that the selected organisation will play in your relationship;
- If you select a parent type relationship, then the drop-down list will display only parent type roles as defined in the data dictionary;
- If you select a child type relationship, then the drop-down list will display only child type roles as defined in Data dictionary;
- If you select other type relationship, then the drop-down list will display only the roles as defined in Data dictionary, for both primary and secondary entities, when applicable.
A descriptive summary will immediately be displayed, clarifying the nature of the relationship that has just been defined. You may change it if it is not right and then save it.
It is also possible to add multiple types of relationships, hierarchical or not, between the same organisations.
Once a new relationship is added, it is recorded in the section Related organisations which contains only direct relationships, hierarchical or not.
Establishing a relationship between organisations can be done manually, organisation by organisation, but also in batch, via an Excel import.
It is possible to enter an end date to an existing relationship between organisations. When reaching that date, the relationship between organisations becomes inactive.
Relationships may also be deactivated manually. To do so:
- Go to the Relations tab of an organisation;
- Hover over the name of the organisation whose relationship you wish to disable;
- Click on Deactivate:
Please keep in mind that the calculated hierarchy is based only on current active relationships. Therefore, when a relationship is deactivated, indirect child-organizations and their members will be removed as well from the sections "Complete hierarchy" and "Members of related organisations". In case the relationship is still active, but the organisations or one of their members are inactive, they will still show up in the related sections mentioned above, as long as the relationship connecting them to the current organisation is still active.
Remove an existing relationship
It is also possible to permanently remove a relationship. When hovering over the name of a related organisations, simply select the Remove option.