Creating relationships between organizations generates and centralizes insights about each other that are quite useful when it comes to understand your business.
To create a new direct relationship, please follow the next steps:
- Select an organization and go to Relations tab;
- Click on the + sign from the Related organisations section;
- Select the name of the organization you wish to associate to the current one;
- Select the type of relationship you wish to identify for the selected organization:
5. A new field is now opened. Enter the specific role that the selected organization plays in the relationship:
- If you select a parent type relationship, then the drop-down list will display only parent type roles as defined in the data dictionary;
- If you select a child type relationship, then the drop-down list will display only child type roles as defined in Data dictionary;
- If you select other type relationship, then the drop-down list will display only the roles as defined in Data dictionary, for both primary and secondary entities, when applicable.
A descriptive summary will immediately be displayed, clarifying the nature of the relationship that has just been defined. You may change it if it is not right and then save it.
It is also possible to add multiple types of relationships, hierarchical or not, between the same organizations.
Once a new relationship is added, it is recorded in the section Related organizations which contains only direct relationships, hierarchical or not.
Establishing a relationship between organizations can be done manually, organization by organization, but also in batch, via an Excel import.
It is possible to enter an end date to an existing relationship between organizations. When reaching that date, the relationship between organizations becomes inactive.
Relationships may also be deactivated manually. To do so:
- Go to the Relations tab of an organization;
- Hover over the name of the organization whose relationship you wish to disable;
- Click on Deactivate:
Before saving your changes, please enter an End Date and a comment:
Please keep in mind that the calculated hierarchy is based only on current active relationships. Therefore, when a relationship is deactivated, indirect child-organizations and their members will be removed as well from the sections "Complete hierarchy" and "Members of related organisations". In case the relationship is still active, but the organisations or one of their members are inactive, they will still show up in the related sections mentioned above, as long as the relationship connecting them to the current organisation is still active.
Remove an existing relationship
It is also possible to permanently remove a relationship. When hovering over the name of a related organizations, simply select the Remove option.