The SMS add-on can be really useful as it is a good way to connect with your stakeholders. However, you might want to put a few internal processes in place before sending text messages to your stakeholders.
Once the add-on is available on your Boréalis, here is what we suggest you do internally:
- Determine who should send text messages within your organisation.
- Define which specific department or team is responsible to send SMS.
- Decide if someone should approve the message before sending the SMS.
You should also discuss on how and why you want to use SMS:
- Determine how you will inform your stakeholders of this new communication method. Do you have the permission of the stakeholder to send SMS? It is a good practice to inform your stakeholder in advance that you may communicate with them in this way.
- Assess how many SMS you plan to send to your stakeholders (on a weekly, monthly, annual basis)
- List the different situations when a stakeholder may expect an SMS from you
- Determine what you should say or should not say in a text message. Be concise and think of the best way to pass your message across.
- Brand your messages! When you send an SMS, do you want the tone to be impersonal, personal, casual, etc.?
And finally, choose the course of action when you receive a reply:
- Who internally should track the SMS replies?
- Is the same person sending the SMS who should also respond to the replies?
- Track your response time! Should you call the stakeholder after a reply, or do you send another SMS?
- What kind of reply do you receive? Make sure your SMS is effective.
If you need any help setting-up this process with your team, let us know and we will be happy to assist you.