Depending on the security measures within your organization, you may have to request assistance from the IT department to deploy the add-in on your account.
This section gives instructions on how to install the add-in individually, but also provides a reference for a general deployment by the IT department.
When you install the Borealis add-in for Outlook on your Microsoft account, the add-in will automatically be enabled to the web and mobile versions of Outlook.
Locate the XML Configuration File
- Open your Borealis instance and enter your login information.
- Click on your User Profile icon in the right hand corner of the top bar.
- Click on Email integration.
- In the Email integration window, from the Outlook add-in section, click on Download the add-in file to download the XML configuration file.
You can also right click on Download the add-in file and select Copy link address.
Add the Add-in to your Microsoft Account
- Log into office 365.
- Navigate to https://aka.ms/olksideload. This will open the Add-Ins for Outlook window.
- In the ADD-INS window, navigate to My add-ins.
- Scroll down to Custom Add-ins and click Add a custom add-in.
- Use Add from file... and select the XML configuration you downloaded.
- Click the Install button to install the add-in.
Close and re-open your Outlook application or log out and log back into your application. The Borealis add-in for Outlook should now be displayed on the ribbon.
You can customize your ribbon by right-clicking on the ribbon bar and selecting Customize the ribbon... or navigating to File>Options>Customize ribbon.
Deploy the Add-in (For the IT department)
The IT department will often be in charge of installing and vetting new software. Like most other add-ins, the Borealis add-in for Outlook can be deployed for groups of people simultaneously.
- Locate the XML configuration file.
- Refer to the add-in deployment documentation for the Microsoft 365 admin center.