Profile required: Superuser
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a process that requires users to provide two or more forms of verification to gain access to an application or a digital resource. This adds an extra layer of security beyond a username and password that makes it harder for anyone without authorization to access the application. MFA setup for Borealis is two-factor and it's easy to use it to access the application.
Activate MFA for your organization
- In the navigation menu, go to Users > Authentication settings.
- In the record menu, select MFA if you are not already there.
- Click on the Edit icon that appears on the upper-right.
- For each Authentication source that you have set up (you will probably have only one), you will be able to activate MFA for users that use this source. Sometimes when the authentication uses SAML, there is already an MFA process embedded so it does not need to be activated for these users.
Note : Once MFA is activated, all users will be redirected to the Configure MFA page when trying to log in. They may refer to the documentation on how to log in.
Revoking the MFA token from a user profile
- In the navigation menu, go to Users > Users.
- Find the user you are looking for and open its record.
- Click on the Actions button and select Remove MFA token.