A subject category is a topic of interest for the stakeholders and/or the company. It has a neutral connotation.
Examples of Subject categories:
Note: Environment would be the parent subject categories and wáter and air would be subcategories of “Environment”.
- Environment (water, air…)
- Economy (employment, local development…)
- Project (information, site rehabilitation, royalties…)
- Infrastructure (roads, pipeline…)
Communications, discussion points, issues, commitments, grievances and campaigns can be linked to one or more subject categories to properly assess indicate what topics are be discussed. Subject Categories are key to reporting on and analyzing interactions with stakeholders.
To create and edit Subject Categories, click on the “Configuration” icon ( ) then on “Subject categories”. A list of Subject Categories will appear. Possible actions include:
- Add by doing click on “Add”;
- Merge: Hovering your mouse over a record will show the “Merge” button.
- Edit: To edit a subject category, click on the desired Subject Category to open it. Once in record, double click will enable editing.