It is possible to upload communications from an Excel file. This allows you to load a lot of historical data quickly without having to enter it all manually. Consult this article to see how to download the Excel template.
The columns in the Excel template you upload must match the fields in the application. Some are mandatory while others are optional. Optional columns can be deleted from the template if they are not needed.
Once the Excel file is complete you can upload it by clicking on the upload button, then confirm.
The mandatory columns are:
The columns that should always be completed are:
- Staff members
- Type of communication
In some columns, there are comments with many possible values. One of these values must be entered in order to import the information successfully. If the value entered does not correspond to any of the values in the comment, a message error will appear.
The columns where more than one value can be entered are:
- Staff members
To enter multiples values, simply use a semicolon (;) rather than a comma (,) to separate them. A line break can also be used to separate items.
When importing data, errors can be encountered during the upload. One common type of error is "typing errors." Here are a few examples:
- In the Column "Type of communication," the word “Letter” must be spelled properly. If it is written “Leter”, an error message will appear.
- Column names must be correct so the system can recognize them. Misspellings (e.g., “Stakholders”) are not recognized and will result in errors.
- In the image below, "Martin Roy" is not an available choice in the Stakeholders column, and this causes an error.
- In the image below in the column “Type of communication”, the term “Courrier électronique” does not match any available choices as it should have been written in English. As you can see below, error messages include the name of the column and the number of the row where the error is found.
Errors will be displayed by row (see image below). If the same error is repeated throughout the Excel file, an error message will occur for each row where the error is found.
We recommend that you customize the template after downloading it to achieve the fewest possible errors.
- Non-mandatory columns that you find unnecessary can be deleted from the template.
- Colors can be added to indicate which columns need to be filled.
In the example below, mandatory columns are highlighted in red and recommended columns are indicated in yellow.