Required profiles: Analytics user or superuser
Reports are the tools used to group widgets together to conveniently view and consult information and/or to efficiently present information. Building them can seem daunting at first, but once the process is understood, they are an efficient way to leverage the data in Borealis.
Before you begin creating a report, we recommend that you first start by defining the results you want and express what you are looking for in a concise and explicit question. Having a clear idea of what you are looking for in terms of information helps define how to translate it into the configuration and design of your report.
There are 3 possible ways to create a report:
- Create a new report: This lets you create an empty report which you can then add widgets to and customize afterwards.
- Duplicate an existing report: This allows you to duplicate an existing report, either user made or system, and then customize it. When duplicating a report, the widgets are shared between the original report and the duplicate.
- Create a new report from a template: This allows you to create a report from a predesigned system template. Templates are available for most main features of the Stakeholder Engagement Module and divided into Data Quality, Management, and Performance. These reports can then be customized as needed. Widgets found in these templates are shared between the original report and the new reports created from them.
Create a New Report
- Navigate to Reports in Analytics.
- Click on the + Create button in the upper left corner of the Reports list page.
- In the Create a report form, there are 2 mandatory field and a template field
- Title: This is used to identify your report. Ideally, you would want to use a title that represents the purpose of the report and the data shown in the report.
- Access: There are two possible options, Public and Private, during the report creation.
Public reports can be viewed by other users based on their access level; however, other users are not allowed to modify them.
Private reports are for your own use. Besides yourself, only superusers can access them.
- Template: This option lets you select a template to create a report from. If left empty, you will start with a blank report and will be able to create or add the widgets you want.
- Click the Save and View button.
Bookmark your Reports
To expedite the process of finding reports you are working on or reports you consult often, you can bookmark them for quick access.
Widgets for Your Reports
If reports are your container to group data together. Widgets are the different ways to extract that data from Borealis. They are the backbone of our Analytics tool and can conveniently gather all the key information found in Borealis and display it in a manageable way so it can be consulted and understood.
Add Report Filters for Your Reports
After adding widgets to your reports, you can add report filters to refine the datasets found in your reports based on specific criteria, and ensure your reports present the right information.
Customize the Layout of Your Report
Reports can be used to consult or present data and Borealis offers flexible layout options and tools to organize your reports in a way that is visually appealing and makes the information easier to grasp for your internal and/or external stakeholders.
Export and Share your Report
Reports offer several options to view and organize you data in a comprehensive and easy-to-visualize way along with option to directly share a report by email or through a link, or export your report as a PDF so that non-Borealis users can view it as well.
Schedule a Report to be Shared Automatically
Besides sharing and exporting reports manually, you can also define a schedule to send reports to Borealis users at specific intervals automatically. This allows you to send reports regularly without having to take direct action each time. Additionally, you can also customize the content of reports you schedule to be sent for the recipient.